Lunaphore is a Swiss medtech startup developing innovative and disruptive next-generation equipment for cancer research and tissue diagnostics.
Lunaphore asked us to design a brand identity and corporate website which could articulate the scientific and professional elements of a leader biotech company with the signature innovative style of their young founders, while remaining startup-budget-friendly.
In our creativity sessions, we came to love the idea of making this identity "change". We asked ourselves: what if the logo could be "alive"? What if it could morph every time you looked at it?
The answer to our dream was generative design. The result: a dynamic design system that evokes the evolving nature of a startup.
We sketched. Sketched a lot. And when we felt that we had found something, we sketched some more, uncovering new insights along the way.
After several rounds of fun, collaborative exploration, the founders and us fell in love with a concept.
The next step was to make it come to life: to do it, we experimented with an algorithm which helped us to validate our insights, rendering random variations of the logotype every time it was run. We then used multiple instances of the logo in different design pieces, and embedded Lunaphore's completely self-manageable website with that same evolving dynamic.
When we started collaborating with Lunaphore, the company was in the early stages of a startup. Fast forward a couple of years, and it has now been named the 2nd Best Swiss Startup by the TOP100 Swiss Awards, growing each year.
We are proud to say the brand has proven to be successfully positioned. Partners, colleagues and people from all around have nothing but words of praise.
- MIT Media Lab was the first generative identity that gained global recognition.
- In Lutry (Switzerland), a small town nearby Lunaphore's HQ in Lausanne, we got to try the absolute best [raclette] we ever tasted.
- Diego, one of the founders, is originally from Ceres, a small town nearby Santa Fe, our city back in Argentina.
- We used over 200 blocks of post its during our creative sessions. We planted a tree as a way to compensate for it.